Expansion works at Waverley Private Hospital included:
- A striking new frontage along Blackburn Road
- New 32-bed ward building (with associated nurses stations, utility areas and patient lounges), that utilised modular construction to efficiently be superimposed over the existing at-grade carpark, using a supported steel gantry frame designed by WGE
- New consulting suites with a private walk-up entrance
- New Hospital entrance, waiting area, café, and imaging space at ground level
- Major refurbishment of the operating theatre facilities on the first floor including two brand-new theatres, a 6-bed pre-op holding suite and an additional 6-bed extension to the recovery suite
- An early works stage that included two re-built theatres with new surgical pendants that WGE designed bespoke structural steel support beams for, which had to be welded through existing steel due to a restricted roof ceiling zone
WGE provided proactive advice and fully documented designs for both civil and structural engineering that allowed for an efficient piling and steel procurement programme. The steel was in three distinct packages, each of which WGE modelled in Revit 3D for the steel detailer to inform the 3D geometry.