This residential tower in Woolloongabba was undertaken as a design and construct project by Condev Construction for Blue Sky. The project involved the design and construction of a 10-storey tower, including 57 residential units over 7.5 residential levels with 2.5 levels of basement car parking. Soldier piles with shotcrete infill panels were utilised for basement retention.
- Reinforced concrete slabs were used with a post tensioned transfer slab separating the parking grid from the tower structure
- Basement columns were replaced by load-bearing, core-filled concrete block walls above the ground level transfer slab with the central lift and stair core being in-situ reinforced concrete
- The civil design consisted of diverting an existing sewer and foulwater line around the basement as well as approximately 100m of watermain upgrade and water service connection
- The age of the existing assets meant services records were poor and WGE sourced copies of old linen plans to design the services diversions with as much flexibility as possible for potential unknowns on site
- A Stormwater Management Plan was also required, focusing on water quality and discharge