The multi-purpose 60,000 seat Optus Stadium will be a world-class venue. WGE are providing design and documentation for the electrical, fire engineering, fire protection, mechanical, sustainability, technology and vertical transportation components of the project.
The commitment to a ‘fans first’ stadium has resulted in an innovative design ensuring an exceptional event atmosphere and home ground advantage that can only be experienced by being there.
Key design and ‘fans first’ features include:
- Future-proofed stadium technology will be provided, including full 4G Wi-Fi coverage across the Stadium and Sports Precinct.
- Fans will be able to utilise more than 70 food and beverage outlets and still be able to view the action on the field.
- The Stadium will include the widest range of seating and hospitality options of any stadia in Australia.
- Designed to increase the seating capacity within the existing structure, adding up to 10,000 additional seats.
- The unique bronze façade uses anodised aluminium which reflects WA’s unique geology by day and, using state of the art LED lighting, home team colours by night.
- The seating bowl maximises the atmosphere, gives fans exceptional views and brings them close to the action, providing a special home ground advantage for our teams.
- The lightweight fabric roof covers 85% of seats and responds to Perth’s climatic conditions. At night, it will present a spectacular glowing halo effect.
- Start-of-the-art team facilities include flexible warm-up and recovery areas.
The design acknowledges Western Australia’s unique sporting, cultural and Aboriginal heritage and the Sports Precinct landscape provides a spectacular vista across the Swan River to the City.
Since opening its doors in early 2018, Optus Stadium has claimed a number of awards including: