Livingstone Gardens is a magnificent new development for Blue Cross Community Care, comprising of a four-storey, 168 bed aged care facility offering day care centre and all communal areas in one expansive building. Livingstone Gardens is designed as Melbourne’s premium aged care facility with palatial interiors, a grand entrance and dazzling glass lift wells wrapped in a green wall.
WGE were involved in key project features including:
- Multi-winged, self-contained floorplates including dementia and high-care living
- Six dining rooms and lounges, 10 sitting rooms, hairdressers and medical consulting suites
- Commercial kitchens, linen and laundry operations
- Optimised central plant servicing strategy and building management system
- Multi-functional Electrical, Communications, Security and Nurse Call systems with common IP backbone
- Bespoke glass lifts
- Complex front atria consisting of a ‘hanging’ feature 8m high x 16m long steel truss designed and detailed to achieve critical deflection limits for the fully glazed roof and walls.
- Highly detailed structural design including 20 columns transferred down the three levels and then to the basement grid