Indigo China Green forms the last stage of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority’s Subi-Centro re-development, with 118 apartments and six townhouses at the former site of Australian Fine China factory.
Design features include:
- Solar passive design
- Connection and integration into the precinct water storage and supply system
- Establishment of a grey water system to harvest, treat and reuse grey water for irrigation
- Connection and integration into the fire tanks and pumps located at the adjoining site
- Centralised gas hot water system
- Geothermal heat exchange system for use in air conditioning systems
- The buildings acknowledge historical elements of the site, incorporating the old pottery kiln in the footprint and displaying industrial textures and material in the building.
- Post-tensioned slabs and AFS walls were utilised
WGE undertook all concept and detailed design and we responsible for all construction-phase inspection.