The Fremantle Maritime Museum is proudly located in a prominent position on Fremantle harbour waterfront. WGE provided the electrical and vertical transportation services for this landmark building, helping create the strong, contemporary visual presence it holds.
The facility includes:
- A main gallery over 30m high for the display of maritime vessels including the winning America’s Cup yacht, Australia II
- Functional and flexible lighting design for 200 seat theatrette/auditorium. WGE also provided all the audio visual services and stage lighting
- An impressive travelling exhibition gallery
- Thematic galleries
- A large function centre
- Back-of-house support facilities including glass lift and larger scissor lift
- Specialist lighting design of museum displays and external building facades to accentuate the elegance of the building lines
- Large hoist for the transportation of large displays
- “Welcome Walls” in the forecourt that list immigrants that arrived by ship via Fremantle port
The museum is considered an iconic building that WGE are proud to have contributed to.