This project is a six level car park providing 1,500 car bays over 42,000m² of floor area. The development also includes a link bridge at level 2 providing direct access to the casino gaming floor.
- Very poor ground conditions
- Streamlined construction programme
- Additional entry/exit ways to improve customer service at peak times
- Construction sequence allowed for post tensioned slabs to undergo early shrinkage, enabling slender core walls. This cost effective solution minimised stress transfer and allowed for reduced pile requirements.
- The car park had an access ramp to allow direct access to the third level, extending the full length of the car park
- The car park was clad in perforated aluminium panels supported by a steel RHS framework
- A number of standardised details were developed to simplify the construction process and allow for fast erection times