Completion year 2016
The project involved designing mechanical, electrical, fire protection and hydraulic services for the cold shell retail areas on the ground and lower ground levels.
14 Martin Place was constructed circa 1950, the lower ground floor and ground floor having undergone a number of refurbishments over the building’s lifetime. Original specifications and drawings were no longer available and WGE engineers were required to undertake significant investigative work to establish the location and capacity of existing services.
A services design was developed to meet the requirements of the new food and beverage tenant with new kitchen exhaust systems, a dedicated retail tenant condenser water system and new garbage rooms. The project also involved upgrading the Main Switch Board to meet current standards and designing new end of ride facilities were installed to provide for existing building tenants.