It’s more than just power
In 1996, when the government mandated that all future power distribution systems must be installed underground and that the private sector would be responsible for design and documentation of these services, WGE identified this opportunity and reacted quickly. We established a team of electrical experts at the forefront of design to take on the challenge.
Our Underground Power Design (UPD) team has over 50 collective years of power experience and has been behind many large projects including Perth Waterfront and Latitude 32 in Hope Valley, an industrial estate with the first dedicated solar roadway requiring a large number of fittings over hundreds of kilometres.
Due to the quality of our work, we’ve become the trusted consultant by local authorities and many of our clients. For example some of our design proposals have been adopted by Western Power as their standard for future inner-city developments.
Five reasons to choose WGE Underground Power Design services:
- We offer a full service. We’re one of few companies offering a multi-discipline approach to your project. Working across civil and building services we have the capability to deliver on all underground power projects for both land and developments.
- We have earned the industry’s trust. We keep abreast of best practice and are committed to professional development and ongoing education. We’re well represented on Australia’s leading industry bodies such as the Infrastructure Committee for Urban Development Institute of Australia.
- We’re connected. Our contacts and long term relationships with people in local authorities, government departments and industry bodies means that we’re up-to-date with what’s happening and understand their requirements. This means that your project will go smoothly and be delivered on time and on budget.
- We take a sustainable approach. Underground power design must meet the highest standards and comply with environmental and green star initiatives. In conjunction with our sustainability and electrical teams we are involved in solar power generation and non-grid connected systems which have become a big part of our business.
- It’s more than just power. We’re experts at telecommunications and NBN services, lighting, solar power lighting, power generation, infrastructure master planning and so much more.
Our advice to clients
Early planning is the key and a full brief is vital. Think laterally about the project and all the elements that may affect the plan so that you prevent expensive mistakes in the future. Involve your consultants from early stages of every development and ensure their expert advice is taken on board.