We make buildings greener
The impact of buildings on the environment is a popular topic of conversation at boardrooms across the country. It’s no longer an option to be sustainable, it’s an expectation. That’s why the companies serious about doing the best they can for the environment are turning to the WGE Sustainability team.
Our team of 15 people have been responsible for many outstanding environmentally sustainable projects including 1 McNab Avenue (Footscray), Wellington Central and the Affinity Village Clubhouse.
At WGE we aim to make buildings greener. We don’t see it as a ‘bolt on’. We see it as an integral consideration for every existing building and for every proposed construction project.
Five reasons to choose WGE Sustainability
- We’re brilliant collaborators. We engage with all your stakeholders and project consultants early in the process. We push the envelope and engage everyone to ensure the project is sustainable from day one.
- We’re technical but practical. We are used to dealing with complex projects that require sustainable low carbon solutions. We have the technical expertise along with the practical and simple answers required on your project.
- We’re thought leaders. We’re doing our bit to drive industry development and support industry bodies such as the Green Building Council of Australia. We’re proud to be bringing our clients and competitors along on this journey with us. We know that what is good for the environment is good for everybody.
- We’re experienced and knowledgeable. It’s more than just compliance. We know the local area and local authorities and what’s expected in terms of sustainability. This means we add-value to every project.
- We treat our client’s money as our own. Our experience enables us to quickly weed out non-feasible solutions. We only pitch viable, cost effective options that give our clients the best outcomes.
Our advice to clients
There’s a lot of ‘green wash’ in the market so always question the advice that you’ve been given and test the assumptions. An inexperienced sustainability consultant can lead a project completely off track which could end up being extremely costly and not achieve your sustainability goals. We saved a client over $500,000 after a meeting we led that tested the assumptions made by an inexperienced consultant.