Getting to the heart of retail
Building a successful retail shopping centre that will attract the best tenants and high traffic is a highly complex job. That’s why many of Australia’s leading developers, such as AMP, Colonial First State and Stockland, choose the WGE Retail engineering team as their partner on these projects.
Our retail team have worked on hundreds of retail projects including major commercial shopping centres such as Brisbane’s Willows Shopping Centre, regional shopping strips such as Bunbury Forum and large distribution centres for clients such as Coles Myer and Woolworths.
Our deep commercial know-how in this sector means that we are experts at maximizing rental space and footprint while still enabling flexible usage for various types of tenants. We take a long-term view to your complex job and offer simple cost-effective solutions with every stakeholder in mind.
Whether you’re building a new retail complex or expanding your existing one, WGE is the team for the job.
Five reasons to choose WGE Retail
- We know the sector well. We have a 50-year history in delivering on many retail projects and have worked on everything from multi-level shopping centres, strip shops to specialty retail centres. There’s not much we haven’t done in the retail space.
- We’re thorough from the start. We look into every detail from the building services required for your tenancy mix, where expansion can occur, where utility infrastructure is located to how you are going to bill your tenants and much more. We leave no stone unturned when planning your retail precinct.
- We’re always thinking about the future. While we’re planning for your immediate needs, we’re also keeping our eyes firmly on the future. We know that your building must remain efficient yet be expandable and flexible to ensure ongoing satisfaction of your tenants and meet shopper expectations.
- We deliver when we say we will. Time is money in the retail sector. That’s why we work hard to understand your commercial imperatives from day one so we can deliver our work on time to help you fulfil your occupancy objectives.
- We dig deep. For established retail precincts, often clients have little knowledge of what engineering services lie beneath the ground and how it might impact their expansion plans. We’re great at digging up the past so together we can create the future.
Our advice to clients
Keep accurate records of what’s in the ground, your designs, plant information and conditions and approvals with respect to authorities. Good documentation will save you time and money in the future, especially if you’re planning to expand or refurbish.