State of the art design for those that need it most
Caring for the sick and the elderly is something that all Australians aspire to do well and with compassion. State of the art facilities backed by state of the art design enables health professionals to do their job well and give optimal care. That’s why WGE are the first choice for health and aged care projects.
We’ve been the team behind many of Australia’s major tertiary hospitals, general hospitals, retirement villages and aged care nursing homes. Our team serve both the public and private sector and have been responsible for projects such as the Fiona Stanley Hospital, The Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, Rockingham General Hospital, Affinity Village and St Stephens Hospital.
At WGE we know that our work makes a difference to communities. We approach our work with human eyes yet with a highly technical and clinical work ethic. This balance means outstanding results for you.
Five reasons to choose WGE Health & Aged Care
- We’re highly specialised. Our multi-disciplined engineers have a deep understanding of the special requirements of health and aged care facilities. We have extensive knowledge of clinical processes, traffic flow requirements, various operating theatre requirements, infection control requirements and much more. It’s highly technical work and finely detailed and it’s what we do really well.
- We’re engaged with stakeholders from start to finish. We realise our work is vital to the functioning of your hospital or aged care facility. That’s why we work closely from the start with all user groups such as nurses, doctors, clinical technicians, maintenance engineers, support staff and of course patients and residents. Every person is heard and cared for to ensure we deliver the optimal outcomes.
- Our most senior staff are at your service. We understand the consequences can be huge if there is not continuity from design into construction. That’s why the senior experienced Project Engineer who starts the job is responsible for the whole job from start to finish and long after completion. We put the most expert team together to ensure seamless outcomes for everyone.
- We make it human. Our work is highly technical, clinical and functional, yet we never forget that the outcome must be warm, welcoming and human. We’re driven by your patients and residents to ensure that they enjoy comfortable well-designed private spaces enhanced by warm and tranquil lighting.
- Business continuity is foremost. WGE specialist health engineers understand why and how to achieve the desired construction goal with minimal disruptions to the working hospital. They understand that minimizing downtime and construction impact on the existing hospital is a mandatory requirement and we pride ourselves on this approach to business continuity.
Our advice to clients
Make sure that you get the most senior experienced team on the job. Ensure they really care about the project, that they’ll provide continuity of service and that they have the proven capacity to deliver. Ask questions like…have they done it before? Did they do a good job? Did they understand the clinical nature of the job?