We have you covered
Building fires cause millions of dollars of damage each year. The two major causes are electrical fault and human error. That’s why the Building Code of Australia (BCA) has very high standards and why the fire engineering team at WGE take their job very seriously.
Our goal is simple – to be part of a team where the architect gets a great design, where the developer gets a healthy return on investment and where the whole team enjoys the project.
Our tight-knit and highly experienced team of engineers has a deep knowledge of the building code and many years of experience working on projects such as Perth’s Church House, Melbourne’s Upper West Side development and Hobart’s Blundstone Arena.
For new buildings, our expert engineers have proven time and time again through Performance Based Solutions that it is possible to reduce plant capacity and increase ceiling heights and maximize returns while still complying with the code.
When it comes to old buildings, particularly residential blocks, many of them simply don’t comply. That’s where our laser-sharp team can consult with you to identify and action the most efficient and cost-effective way to make your people safe and protect your building.
Five reasons to work with the WGE Fire Engineering team
- We know the Building Code inside out. We’re constantly updating our knowledge of the code and our skills, so you don’t need to.
- We’re not just a one-man band. Our national team of eight has collectively over 50 years of experience!
- We do more than just fire engineering. While our fire engineering might be your main need, we integrate and work with our large national team to help deliver on your project.
- We give you architectural freedom. With WGE, you won’t feel constrained by the BCA. We work with you, using our experience and insight, to create outcomes that suit everyone.
- We use all the best tools. Through using sophisticated modelling software and fire and evacuation simulation packages, we help you achieve your vision while still complying with the code.
Our advice to clients
If you don’t do it properly, it can cost lives. Don’t cut corners. You can still do it cost-effectively and achieve a great outcome if you find the right team to support you.