Building the future of learning
There’s a transformation happening in the world of learning and education. It’s no longer just about cultivating enquiring minds. It’s about providing a learning environment where the world’s social and environmental problems can be solved. That’s where our education specialists at WGE come in. Through the innovative design of world-class education campuses and schools – we’re helping create the future.
We’ve been responsible for projects in primary, secondary and tertiary education centres, working on developments at Melbourne’s Monash University and Perth’s University of Western Australia, Curtin University and Edith Cowan University.
The education sector has very special needs when it comes to engineering. It’s far more than just designing a brilliant building. It’s about:
- environmental impact
- integration of systems and interfaces
- class dynamics
- flexibility and flow across the whole of the learning campus
Design directly influences student and teacher behaviour which in turn affects learning outcomes. At all times our priority is to understand the desired outcomes for students, while engaging all stakeholders in the project.
We don’t take it lightly because we know that our work has the power to shape the future. In truth, our work is all part of the education.
Five reasons to choose WGE for your next Education project
- We’re experienced and committed. Our unique employee ownership model and Project Engineer structure means that you’ll always get the most dedicated, experienced and passionate team.
- We push the envelope. We regularly challenge the status quo and are always willing to consider all alternatives to ensure the best long term outcomes for everyone.
- We invest in young people. At WGE our university graduates have witnessed first-hand the work that we’ve done in this sector and they are passionate about continuing our legacy. Our continued interaction with the universities and our vacation and graduate employment programs ensure that WGE are at the forefront when employing top level graduate engineers.
- We’re with you all the way. At WGE we don’t just do the job and move on. We take ownership of our work from the minute we win the job until long after the project is completed.
- We’re passionate about education. Everyone at WGE understands the value of a good education and we care about it. That’s why we’re all actively involved through our graduate and mentoring programs and professional memberships.
Our advice to clients
Look for experienced people who are abreast of what’s happening globally especially the ever-changing concepts of pedagogy and interactive and collaborative learning models. Education is continually evolving. You need to work with people that will really challenge you to consider new ideas.