WGE have once again been accredited as Aon Hewitt Best Employer, making it six years in a row – and seven years in total. Announced on Thursday 27 July, the award reflects WGE’s continued focus on engaging employees with an inclusive and rewarding workplace culture.
WGE’s high levels of staff satisfaction and engagement, measured by Aon Hewitt’s independent survey, reflect the organisation’s strong focus on people and culture.
WGE CEO, José Granado says the award recognises the unique corporate culture that began 56 years ago. “Our company founders built an organisation that valued people and the skills and talent they bring to their role,” he said.
“We are constantly talking to our team to create an environment where our employees enjoy coming to work and are motivated to give their best.”
“I am so proud of all our employees and the dedication that they bring to the work we do each day.”
A number of initiatives that contribute to WGE’s workplace culture include:
- A focus on employee health and wellbeing
- Employees are empowered to perform at their best
- Strong collaboration within teams and across departments
- A friendly, fun, inclusive work environment
The Aon Best Employer survey was completed by 401 employees at WGE. In the study for 2016-17, 123 organisations and over 80,868 employees participated.
What is the Best Employer difference?
- 89% of employees at Best Employer organisations tell others great things about where they work, compared with 68% at other organisations
- 77% of employees at Best Employer organisations are inspired to do their best work every day, compared with 57% at other organisations
- 74% of employees at Best Employer organisations agree that their organisation offers excellent career opportunities to employees who are strong performers, compared with 46% at other organisations