When completed, Upper West Side in Melbourne is one of the largest inner city residential developments in Australia. The precinct includes over 2,200 apartments over four high-rise towers with 30 retail outlets.
WGE was engaged as sustainable design consultants, enabling all four towers to achieve Green Star ratings from the Green Building Council of Australia.
- Tower 1 was awarded the first ever 4 Star Green Star – Multi-Unit Residential v1 Design rating
- Towers 2, 3 and 4 also achieved 4 Star Green Star – Multi-Unit Residential V1 tool
Upper West Side was recognised for its adoption of innovative sustainable features including:
- A waste recycling chute
- Design of a water efficient indoor pool
- Energy efficient double glazing
- Podium green roof design
- Average 6 Star NatHERS (FirstRate 5) Rating
The project also incorporates an innovative fibre-to-the-home concept for connection of high speed internet services to each apartment.