Raine Square is a 57,000m², $550 million commercial and retail development in the heart of the Perth CBD. As one of the new iconic buildings in the city, the Raine Square facade is proudly pronounced in the Perth skyline. The building contains three levels of premium retail space including a food court, 21 floors of commercial tenancy space and three levels of a popular carpark.
Heritage facades on William and Wellington Streets were restored during the development and a tunnel was built to link the retail mall to the Perth underground train station.
WGE were responsible for the electrical, communications, fire protection, Emergency Warning and Intercommunication System (EWIS) and the security services/CCTV design for the base building.
- Major HV power plant supplied from authority network over 3 feeders for100% redundancy.
- Extensive backup power supply capabilities with generators and uninterruptible power supply systems installed to ensure building power security.
- Premium quality communications were installed, incorporating the latest Cat6A foiled data structured cabling system.
- A full automatic lighting control system controlled at one central location, including building façade signage.
- Energy metering system to enable a high NABERS rating and tenant sub-billing.
- Architecturally integrated feature lighting design throughout.
- Compliant fire detection and EWIS system including VESDA to retail area and main computer room.
- Flexible IP based access control and CCTV system allowing for expansion for future use by building tenants.