Paul joined WGE in 2012 to establish a Civil and Structural section in the Sydney office. The section has since grown steadily under his management and is now a team of engineers, designers and Revit technicians.
Paul adds value to the design and delivery of a project by:
- Applying a combination of technical knowledge, construction experience and commercial awareness to provide innovative and cost effective solutions
- Pro-actively liaising and co-ordinating with Architects and other engineering disciplines to provide a practical, co-ordinated design solution
- Working closely with builder to ensure a cost-effective, safe and buildable solution
Outside of work
Outside of work Paul is a keenly competitive triathlete. He competes in events up to and including Ironman distance and can regularly be seen running or riding into the office to fit in training during the morning commute. He also enjoys playing golf socially and watching cricket.
What will you bring to a project
I have over 25 years’ experience as a consulting civil and structural engineer, working on a wide range of building and infrastructure projects. I connect and work well with all levels of the design team and contractors to provide a practical, co-ordinated design solution, which is cost-effective, safe and readily buildable.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Chartered Professional Engineer (Engineers Australia)
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (No. 8448) – both Civil and Structural Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (NPER3) – both Civil and Structural Engineering
Cairnsfoot DEC School, Brighton-le-Sands, NSW
Civil infrastructure and structural engineering for a new school development on a brown field site.
Christchurch Earthquake, 2011
Team Leader carrying out structural safety inspections on damaged CBD buildings immediately following the earthquake of February 2011.
Flood Restoration, Somerset Regional Council, QLD
Led a team of engineers designing restoration of roads, bridges, causeways and culverts following the floods of January 2012. Prepared tenders and acted as Superintendent for numerous restoration contracts.
Paul’s designs are elegant and straight forward to construct; which is reflected in the construction costs. Paul is very knowledgeable in both technical and contractual matters and deals with all stakeholders with respect and integrity.