Michael has joined Wood & Grieve Engineers to lead the Acoustic Engineering Section in Brisbane. With over 20 years’ experience in acoustic consulting, Michael has extensive knowledge in delivering creative acoustic design solutions that achieve the optimum balance between technical accuracy and cost effectiveness. He has a strong portfolio of projects with a particular background in the health, commercial, education and defence sectors.
Outside of work
On the weekend Michael enjoys riding local mountain bike trails and the Brisbane river loop, roasting coffee, camping or trying out new recipes on his family. Michael says if he wasn’t an engineer, he would be a pilot as he enjoys technical aspects of aviation and flying.
What will you bring to a project
With over 20 years of experience, there are not many acoustic design challenges that I’ve not overcome on previous projects. Some of these challenges have included jet engine test and audiometric booths. While providing acoustical advice on projects, I like to bring ideas from previous similar projects that would be of benefit across all disciplines.
Industry accreditations / bodies
Previous projects Michael worked on prior to joining WGE include:
- Translational Research Institute
- ATO 55 Elizabeth Street Building (Base building and fit out)
- Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital (Façade and Central Energy)
- Nambour Base Hospital Ward Block and refurbishments
- Rockhampton Hospital Stage 1B, 2 and 3 New Ward Block and Refurbishments
- St Stephen’s Hospital, Hervey Bay
- Brisbane International Terminal Building – Expansion, Retail upgrade and various projects
- Belmont Rifle Range – Noise Management Project
- RAAF Base Amberley Stage 1 Redevelopment
- Arrow Energy Fitout, AM60 Building and 111 Eagle Street
Michael is always willing to discuss and explain acoustics in principle and detail. He is also a good source building project information in general. I enjoyed working with someone who is enthusiastic about his speciality and good at communicating the acoustic requirements in a project.