Michael has over 20 years experience in acoustic consulting and offers our clients the benefits of his extensive knowledge of achieving end user satisfaction while providing cost effective outcomes. He has an extensive portfolio of projects in the health, commercial, office fit out , university and defence sectors.
Prior to joining Wood & Grieve Engineers, Michael was part owner and Senior Acoustic Consultant with ASK Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd, a specialist acoustic engineering firm.
His specialty experience and knowledge includes:
• Building and architectural acoustics
• Noise emissions and design of noise control in mechanical services
• Noise reduction and impact isolation testing (both field and laboratory)
• Road/railway/aircraft noise modelling
• Noise impact assessments
• Noise control design
• Documentation of noise management processes & strategies
• Acoustic opinions of performance
Outside of work
On the weekend Michael enjoys riding local mountain bike trails and the Brisbane river loop, roasting coffee, camping or trying out new recipes on his family. Michael says if he wasn’t an engineer, he would be a pilot as he enjoys technical aspects of aviation and flying.
What will you bring to a project
With over 20 years of experience, I have an consistent record of client satisfaction and an extensive portfolio of landmark projects.
• BSc and Grad Dip., Environmental Science
Industry accreditations / bodies
• Member of Australian Acoustical Society – MAAS
Previous projects Michael worked on prior to joining WGE include:
- Translational Research Institute
- ATO 55 Elizabeth Street Building (Base building and fit out)
- Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital (Façade and Central Energy)
- Nambour Base Hospital Ward Block and refurbishments
- Rockhampton Hospital Stage 1B, 2 and 3 New Ward Block and Refurbishments
- St Stephen’s Hospital, Hervey Bay
- Brisbane International Terminal Building – Expansion, Retail upgrade and various projects
- Belmont Rifle Range – Noise Management Project
- RAAF Base Amberley Stage 1 Redevelopment
- Arrow Energy Fitout, AM60 Building and 111 Eagle Street
Michael is always willing to discuss and explain acoustics in principle and detail. He is also a good source building project information in general. I enjoyed working with someone who is enthusiastic about his speciality and good at communicating the acoustic requirements in a project.