Imran has 9 years of experience in the areas of acoustics and vibration, gained on variety of architectural, environmental, industrial and building commissions. He has been providing consulting services in a broad range of acoustics aspects, including building & architectural acoustics, environmental & industrial acoustics, transportation acoustics and occupational noise and vibration.
Imran has experience in dealing with challenging environments due to his combined experience in acoustics and mechanical engineering. He has the ability to optimise building services design, offering cost savings whilst achieving the acoustic requirements.
He has acoustic design experience in a range of sectors: hotels, commercial buildings, schools, mining, transportation, oil and gas, residential buildings, & industrial facilities. Project types include schools and universities, residential buildings, hotels, hospitals, offices, commercial buildings, recreational buildings and industrial areas.
Outside of work
Outside work Imran loves spending time with his family. He has lived in Perth since 2012 and enjoys the idea of seeing his two children growing up in WA. He loves to watch cricket and to catch up with his friends on the weekends.
What will you bring to a project
I bring my combined experience in acoustics and mechanical engineering to projects which help in optimising the design, offering cost savings whilst achieving the acoustic requirements.
• PG Diploma in Acoustics & Noise Control, – Institute of Acoustics, St. Albans, UK
• Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering – Jonkoping University, Jonkoping, Sweden
• Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering – JNT University, Hyderabad, India
Industry accreditations / bodies
• Member of Australian Acoustic Society – MAAS
• Member of Engineers Australia – MIEAust
• Member of the Institute of Acoustics – MIOA
- New Perth Bus Station
- Glasshouse, High rise residential tower, South Perth
- Qantas Business Lounge, Terminal 4, Perth
- Jones Day (legal firm) fit out, Central Park, Perth
- Mental Health Commission relocation fit out, Perth, WA
Previous projects Imran worked on prior to joining WGE include:
- Old Treasury Building, Perth, WA
- Kings Square 1, 2, 3 & 4, Perth, WA
- Pedestrian Bridge, New Perth Stadium Transport Infrastructure, Perth.
- Noise and Vibration Levels Comparison of Rail Turnouts, New Perth Stadium Transport Infrastructure, Perth
- Qasar Al Sarab- Empty Quarter Desert, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Fairmont Palm Hotel-Palm Jumeriah, Dubai, UAE
- Al Shaqab Academy, Equestrian Stadium – Qatar
- MesaA/ Warramboo, Pilbara, WA-Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
- Pearl GTL, Shell, Qatar
- Deep Panuke, Nova Scotia, Canada MOPU STOR, North Sea, Norway
- Erawan Living Quarters, Chevron, Thailand