Imran is WGE’s Acoustic Section Manager. He joined in 2014 as an Acoustic Project Engineer and is now responsible for the acoustics team in Perth. He has experience in architectural, environmental, industrial and building acoustics and vibration, gained over more than 10 years’ experience – nationally and abroad.
He has provided his expert advice in a broad range of acoustic projects – and he has been the engineer responsible for delivering the acoustics of a number of key projects in Australia and abroad, such as the new Perth Bus Station, multiple high rise residential towers and prestigious hotels.
He has built a solid reputation for the quality of his work, which spans Middle East, North Africa and Australia.
Outside of work
Outside work Imran loves spending time with his family. He has lived in Perth since 2012 and enjoys the idea of seeing his two children growing up in WA. He loves to watch cricket and to catch up with his friends on the weekends.
What will you bring to a project
As a mechanical engineer who has specialized in acoustics, I have a very clear picture of where and how designs can be optimized to control noise and create pleasant environments, in a cost effective way. I also believe that my extensive experience working for architects, builders and developers, has given me the knowledge of what each type of client appreciates the most from an acoustic engineer. You can expect to receive a high quality level of expert advice.
B.Tech, M.Sc(Mech), P.G Dip (Acoustics)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member of Australian Acoustic Society – MAAS
- Member of Engineers Australia – MIEAust
- Member of the Institute of Acoustics – MIOA
- New Perth Bus Station
- Glasshouse, High rise residential tower, South Perth
- Qantas Business Lounge, Terminal 4, Perth
- Jones Day (legal firm) fit out, Central Park, Perth
- Mental Health Commission relocation fit out, Perth, WA
Previous projects Imran worked on prior to joining WGE include:
- Old Treasury Building, Perth, WA
- Kings Square 1, 2, 3 & 4, Perth, WA
- Pedestrian Bridge, New Perth Stadium Transport Infrastructure, Perth.
- Noise and Vibration Levels Comparison of Rail Turnouts, New Perth Stadium Transport Infrastructure, Perth
- Qasar Al Sarab- Empty Quarter Desert, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Fairmont Palm Hotel-Palm Jumeriah, Dubai, UAE
- Al Shaqab Academy, Equestrian Stadium – Qatar
- MesaA/ Warramboo, Pilbara, WA-Noise and Vibration Impact Assessment
- Pearl GTL, Shell, Qatar
- Deep Panuke, Nova Scotia, Canada MOPU STOR, North Sea, Norway
- Erawan Living Quarters, Chevron, Thailand