Ian is the section manager for WGE Sydney civil section. Ian has fourteen years of high level experience in the design of road, drainage, bulk earthworks and general civil design for Energy and Resource Infrastructure, Building Infrastructure, & Industrial / Commercial Infrastructure.
Ian has dedicated his professional career to the development of a strong technical engineering understanding along with the development of other members of his team in order to create a group of professionals who are capable of not only providing a first class service but who are able to think laterally and achieve optimal project solutions.
As the Civil Section Manager he is dedicated to ensuring that his clients receive the best possible outcomes on their projects and that works are complete on time and budget.
Outside of work
Outside of work Ian enjoys spending time with his family. He also has an active interest in Australia’s sporting culture and can often be found at the Sydney Football Stadium or at Homebush. Ian and his family also enjoy getting out of Sydney and exploring rural NSW.
What will you bring to a project
I am dedicated to ensuring that clients receive the best possible outcomes on their projects and that works are complete on time and budget.
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK. 1998 – 2001
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons), Civil Engineering
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Professional Engineer (Engineers Australia)
Previous projects Ian worked on prior to joining WGE include:
- Green Square Town Centre – The remediation and civil infrastructure works for the first stage of the $8 billion development of Sydney’s newest CBD suburb. The Green Square Town Centre will transform the southern precinct of Sydney City Council’s local area into a vibrant and sustainable urban environment.
- North West Rail Link – Australia’s largest public transport infrastructure project and Australia’s first fully automated metro rail system. The project will deliver 8 new stations and 4,000 commuter car parking spaces along its 15km of underground tunnels and 10km of viaduct.
- Little Bay Cove – As Sydney’s new exciting eastern suburbs beachside community, Little Bay Cove is set across 13.6 hectares of oceanfront land. Over 50% of the estate is dedicated to its central lake, landscaped parks and wide boulevards.
- Epsom Park Precinct – Located within the greater Green Square suburban development the Epsom Park Precinct will be a new community focused neighborhood providing residents and the community with a multitude of urban parks, a new state of the art aquatic center and multi-purpose sports field.
- George Hospital, Kogarah – The $307 million stage 2 of the St George Hospital campus redevelopment includes a 7 storey acute services building constructed over an active Emergency Department. Works also included large scale restructuring of the car parking and storm water drainage for the campus.
“I have always found Ian to be professional, dependable and responsive. He is very easy to work with and is flexible in responding to our queries, input from our construction team and providing information as required for ongoing discussions with council.”