Ian joined WGE in 2010 to establish Property Asset Management as a core offering and in 2011 he became a shareholder of the firm. He has a strong focus on sustainability and energy management as part of his commitment to improving the performance of built assets. He is heavily involved in the development and ongoing improvement of NABERS and is heavily involved in the industry through his involved in PCA and FMA committees.
Outside of work
Ian has two grown up children one working in the building industry and the other studying architecture. Ian enjoys spending time at his family’s high country hut taking in the bush surrounds, fishing and sampling the odd red (or in winter a single malt).
What will you bring to a project
My broad ranging experience across all engineering disciplines along with my wealth of operational expertise allows me to bring a strategic focus to the project with a view to the practical operation of the completed asset. With an eye for detail and a strong focus on sustainability and energy efficiency, I am particularly good at pre-empting problems to ensure post construction issues are minimized.
- BE (Mech)
- Registered Building Practitioner (Vic)
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- NABERS Auditor & Trainer
- CBD Accredited Assessor & Authorised Officer (Auditor)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member – Facility Management Association
- Property Council of Australia – Asset Management & Building Regulations Committee
- Facility Management Association – Committee Member
- Facility Management Association – Advocacy Portfolio Group
- Sustainable Melbourne Fund – 1200 Buildings Expert Reference Panel Member
- NABERS Multi-tool Working Group Member