Ian joined WGE in 2010 to establish Property Asset Management as a core offering and in 2011 he became a shareholder of the firm. He has a strong focus on sustainability and energy management as part of his commitment to improving the performance of built assets. He is heavily involved in the development and ongoing improvement of NABERS and is heavily involved in the industry through his involved in PCA and FMA committees.
Outside of work
Ian has two grown up children one working in the building industry and the other studying architecture. Ian enjoys spending time at his family’s high country hut taking in the bush surrounds, fishing and sampling the odd red (or in winter a single malt).
What will you bring to a project
My broad ranging experience across all engineering disciplines along with my wealth of operational expertise allows me to bring a strategic focus to the project with a view to the practical operation and performance. With an eye for detail and a strong focus on sustainability and energy efficiency, I am particularly good at identifying operational problems, their causes and practical solutions.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), University of Melbourne
- Registered Building practitioner EM1199
- NABERS Accredited Assessor (Incl. Retail)
- NABERS Accredited Trainer, Supervisor, Auditor
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- Technical Advisor to DCCEE
- Commercial Building Disclosure – Assessor and Auditor
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member – Facility Management association
- Member – 1200 Buildings Expert Reference Panel
- NABERS – Independent Design Reviewer (Energy)