Greg’s original background was in Instrumentation Process Control Engineering which provided a very wide set of skills and specialized experience in many facets of design and servicing of control systems and measurement equipment, as well as management of large installations. With further electronic engineering studies he moved into other industries involving communications, scientific, medical, healthcare equipment and traffic analysis.
With a keen personal interest in all things relating to audio and video media including music recording, radio & TV broadcast, technical design, equipment operation and service, stage production and live performance, Greg naturally gravitated to working in the AV industry as it developed over the last 20 years. He has lived and breathed virtually all aspects of the industry from design, maintenance, installation, stage performance, musician, technical crew and operational engineering. With over 10 years specializing in design and engineering consulting for commercial AV and control system projects, Greg’s approach to all AV projects calls for simplicity, reliability, performance and practicality. All AV designs must perform to exceed expectations but within an achievable budget. Greg joined Wood and Grieve Engineers in early 2013 after many years’ experience working in other consulting engineering organisations as well as other companies involved in AV servicing, production and installations and comes to us highly regarded as one of Australia’s leading AV consulting engineers.
Outside of work
Outside of work Greg loves live music performance, mountain biking, home brewing and walking his 2 terrier dogs.
What will you bring to a project
I have a background in electronic instrumentation engineering and over 20 years of experience in design and engineering of complex Audio Visual integration projects. With firsthand experience operating in AV spaces from corporate to performing arts, I have a good working knowledge of the human experience from presenter to audience level, as well as ergonomics and coordination with items such as; acoustics, structures, hardware, joinery, IT, building services and lighting.
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Infocom CTS
- Diploma Project Management
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Victorian Private Security Individual (Security Adviser / Security Equipment Installer)
- Victoria University – Designed and documented master classroom and lecture theatre design standards and campus-wide recording capture upgrade rollout
- Melbourne Magistrates Court – in-court recording and file archiving, sound reinforcement and conferencing
- Victorian Police – interviewing and recording systems
- Ritz Carlton hotels
- Perth Zoo – complete site-wide PA system upgrade utilizing audio distribution via IP to minimize cable trenching and invasion to garden and exhibit areas.