Greg started in the industry sector in 1982 and qualified as an Industrial Instrumentation Process Control Engineer for an industrial company involved in specialized metals and materials extraction and processing. This provided very wide set of skills and specialized experience in many facets of design and servicing of process control and measurement equipment as well as management of large installations. Greg continued electronic engineering studies and moved into other industries involving RF & microwave communications, scientific equipment, transport, medical and hospital equipment.
With a keen personal interest in all things relating to audio and video media, recording, radio & broadcast, stage production and live performance, Greg gravitated to working in the AV industry as it developed over many years and now specializes in the design engineering of commercial Audio, Video and Control system projects. With experience in industrial control systems and managing installations, Greg’s approach to designing AV projects and control systems calls for simplicity, practical and reliability. Greg joined Wood & Grieve Engineers in 2013 after many years’ experience working in other consulting engineering organisations as well as other companies involved in AV servicing, production and installations. Greg comes to us highly regarded as one of Australia’s leading AV consulting engineers.
Outside of work
Outside of work Greg loves live music performance, mountain biking, home brewing and walking his 2 terrier dogs.
What will you bring to a project
I have a background in electronic instrumentation engineering and over 20 years of experience in design and engineering of complex Audio Visual integration projects. With firsthand experience operating in AV spaces from corporate to performing arts, I have a good working knowledge of the human experience from presenter to audience level, as well as ergonomics and coordination with items such as; acoustics, structures, hardware, joinery, IT, building services and lighting.
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Infocom CTS
- Diploma Project Management
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Victorian Private Security Individual (Security Adviser / Security Equipment Installer)
- Victoria University – Designed and documented master classroom and lecture theatre design standards and campus-wide recording capture upgrade rollout
- Melbourne Magistrates Court – in-court recording and file archiving, sound reinforcement and conferencing
- Victorian Police – interviewing and recording systems
- Ritz Carlton hotels
- Perth Zoo – complete site-wide PA system upgrade utilizing audio distribution via IP to minimize cable trenching and invasion to garden and exhibit areas.