Grant joined WGE in 2001 as a graduate mechanical engineer in the Perth office and moved to Melbourne in 2002 to help establish the Melbourne office. He became a shareholder of the firm in 2005 and in 2011 he was elected a Director and in 2012 became Manager of the Melbourne office.
In 2015 Grant was awarded ‘Most Client Focused Consulting Engineer’ in the national Financial Review Client Choice Awards, illustrating his commitment to exceptional client service and the building services industry.
Grant’s passion lies in creating meaningful careers for those within WGE and to be a facilitator in others achieving their goals and experiencing success and satisfaction. He has been fortunate to have been an integral part in the development of the Melbourne office and embedding the unique WGE culture that has seen the firm consistently recognised as an Aon Hewitt ‘Best Employer’.
Grant has a clear view on where our industry is heading, through innovation and change. Whilst we are in the midst of significant phase shift in technology, the common thread that will remain is the people. The ability to be creative and adapt to the changing landscape is a driver that defines and differentiates Grant’s leadership approach.
- Click here to read how Grant sees WGE building long-term fulfilling careers.
- Click here to watch Grant talk about the Melbourne property market.
Outside of work
Outside work Grant loves spending time with Kate and his two sons Lachie and Darcy. He enjoys watching (no longer playing) football after playing and coaching at WAFL/VFL level and he enjoys getting out in the bush, camping, sailing and fishing. Being a part owner of a couple of horses also provides a bit of excitement outside of work from time to time!
What will you bring to a project
With years of experience across multiple engineering disciplines, I will ensure that all innovative opportunities are considered at the earliest stage of a project. My fun and enthusiastic approach and ability to connect and engage across all levels of the project team ensures a great outcome for all involved.
- BE(Hons) (Mechanical) University of Western Australia
- Fellow of the Institute of Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- CPEng, NER, EngExec, APEC IntPE(Aus)
- Registered Building Practitioner (Victoria) (EM 23250)
- Registered Building Practitioner (Tasmania) (CC4397R)
- Graduate Certificate in Air Conditioning (Code Compliance)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Engineers Australia College of Leadership and Management Committee Member
- Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- Member of American Society of Heating, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Property Council of Australia Future Trends and Innovation Committee Member
- Property Council of Australia Mentoring Advisory Board Member
- Property Industry Foundation Committee Member
Hazeldene’s Hatchery Facility
A state of the art chicken hatchery facility in Bendigo Victoria. The facility has extremely tight temperature, pressure, humidity and fresh air controls to maximize hatch yield. Innovative thermal storage systems are installed to provide multiple redundancies to the facility.
I would like to express appreciation to the Wood & Grieve team leaders Grant Holman and Ben van Niekerk who together led the building services design development process. Wood & Grieve’s proactive and responsive approach has been refreshing given the limitation of building services design expertise in Tasmania.
Patrick Stanton, Stanton Management Group
In particular I would like to express appreciation to Grant Holman (who led the Wood & Grieve team) and Daniel Hanlon for their pro-active and willing assistance during the construction phase. Grant and Daniel were always readily available to assist in the responses to site queries and the resolution of any matters that arose.