Glenn joined WGE in 2003 and since 2010 has been a Principal of the firm. Some career highlights from his time at Wood & Grieve Engineers include:-
- As a graduate engineer, Glenn spent 2004 working from our Perth office. This enhanced Glenn’s experience base in his early years as a mechanical graduate engineer.
- In 2005, Glenn was asked to head-up the WGE Melbourne Sustainability section (from its conception). Glenn’s chose to develop a team that was heavily linked to the engineering skills and expertise contained within the broader WGE team. Throughout the 9+ years’ operating this section, Glenn and his team developed a reputation for offering a technical sustainability skillset which provided the highest quality sustainability services advice.
- Glenn continues to mentor a number of the WGE graduate engineering team. At key reviews throughout the year, he assists their career development with ongoing feedback and strategic direction.
- As well as his project work, Glenn contributes to the strategic direction of the firm through his active engagement in the Melbourne Office Leadership group and the broader WGE Principal group.
- Over the past 12 months Glenn has taken on an additional leadership role within the broader WGE Mechanical services divisions. This includes development of a platform to improve knowledge sharing amongst our mechanical engineering team.
Glenn’s comprehensive knowledge of mechanical and sustainability services design allows for innovative energy efficiency solutions to be developed across all disciplines for each project.
Outside of work
Glenn and his family are currently renovating their heritage home. Ask him about the sustainable design initiatives that are to be incorporated into the project.
What will you bring to a project
My comprehensive knowledge and experience in the design of building services allows for innovative energy efficiency solutions to be developed across each discipline for a project.
- BE (Hons) (Mechanical) & B Com Monash University 2002
- Green Star Accredited Professional
- NABERS Accredited Assessor
- Commercial Building Disclosure (CBD) Accredited Assessor
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member of the Property Council of Australia’s (PCA) Victorian Division Sustainable Buildings Subcommittee
- Member of the Green Building Council of Australia’s Industry Advisory Group (IAG)