First joined Wood & Grieve Engineers in 1994 as an Undergraduate Civil Engineer whilst studying by correspondence towards degree and has been involved in a number of resource and civil engineering projects.
Efforts at Wood & Grieve Engineers have been directed towards the civil and resources industries.
Involved with client liaison, development of business CAPEX, OPEX and Cash Flow models for various projects, detailed engineering design and superintendence of bulk earthworks, road works, bridges, sewer reticulation, wastewater pump stations and pressure mains (hydraulic analysis), water pump stations and pressure mains (hydraulic analysis), water supply bore fields, stormwater drainage (hydrological and hydraulic analysis), retaining walls, water reticulation, gas reticulation, power stations, water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants and underground power reticulation for civil engineering, resources projects and land development projects.
Outside of work
Dean spends time with his family, running their cattle and tree farms.
What will you bring to a project
Based on my numerous past experiences, my contributions to a project include:
- “Big picture” clarity allowing various disciplines, consultants and stake holders to define their specific role and direction.
- Understanding of financial implications and constraints allowing solutions to be tailored to the Client’s needs and risks to be managed.
- A high level of technical skill which allows integration of the various disciplines and project facets which in turn improves Client outcomes and minimizes risk to the Client.
- BEng (Civil)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member, Institution of Engineers Australia
Dalyellup Estate DUAL TYPE 90 WWPS, Dalyellup
Design, documentation, reporting and assessment of tendering and construction methods for new design based on a Dual Type 90 WWPS using caisson construction methods and 3.5km pressure main for Dalyellup Estate.
Perth Waterfront – Water Distribution Main
Design and design review of DN800 MSCL water distribution main, associated valves and construction issues within the Perth CBD.
Perth Waterfront – Main Drain Access Chamber 6 & 7 Retrofit
Design, Document, obtain approvals and provide construction advice for the retrofit of existing drainage access chambers to suit dual DN1950 drain pipes within the Perth CBD and adjacent the William St underground train station.
Pilbara – Various Infrastructure Projects
- Truck Arrestor bed for Dampier Port Authority
- Drainage Review for Karratha Gas Plant
- Explosive Storage and Handling Facility
- King Bay Industrial Estate Civil Upgrade
- Post Cyclone Inspections for Oil & Gas Marine Infrastructure
- Water booster pump station
I would offer my unreserved support to the application if you would be responsible engineer for the project.