Brett joined WGE in 2009 after working in the UK for a few years. He joined as a Mechanical Engineering and started up the Fire Engineering section in Melbourne off the back of his extensive UK experience. Brett became a shareholder at WGE in 2011.
Outside of work
Brett is a bit of a sporting allrounder outside work with interests ranging from Cricket, Football, Cycling, Running, Golf, etc. In 2013 Brett completed in first marathon and it nearly killed him!
What will you bring to a project
I get great satisfaction out of working in an enjoyable team environment and achieving great outcomes for a project along the way. My experience in buildings services along with fire engineering means that I can often get a clear understanding of other design team members requirements and can therefore come up with great solutions for the project.
- BEng (Mech) – University of South Australia
- Grad Dip (Fire) – Victoria University
- C10 Accredited (NSW – Fire Safety)
- Registered Building Practitioner (Victoria – Fire Safety)
- Registered Building Practitioner (Tasmania – Fire Safety)
- RPEQ (Queensland – Fire Safety)
Industry accreditations / bodies
- Member of Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- Secretary of the Society of Fire Safety (Victorian Division
- Property Council of Australia