Alex joined Wood and Grieve Engineers in 2008, and in January 2013 he became a Project Engineer in our Brisbane Civil section. He has been heavily involved in Civil Engineering services for Land Development and Building Services in South East and Central Queensland.
Alex has immeasurable experience in the detailed design and superintendence of bulk earthworks, retaining walls, roadworks, sewer reticulation, stormwater drainage and water reticulation for various civil engineering and land development projects.
Alex’s responsibilities at Wood & Grieve Engineers include engineering design and documentation, project management, client liaison, services planning, feasibility studies, contract administration, obtaining Authority approvals and superintendence of various civil engineering and land development projects.
Alex assists developers gain approvals through creative solutions and liaison with the Local Authorities. He has extensive experience in Water Sensitive Urban Design and stormwater treatment systems.
Outside of work
Outside of work Alex enjoys travel, keeping fit with fun runs and spending time with family and friends over a good meal and a couple of drinks.
What will you bring to a project
I bring a wealth of experience having worked on projects with two to over 500 lot sub-divisions from masterplanning through to handover.
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours) University of Queensland
• Bachelor of Business Management (Real Estate and Development) University of Queensland
Industry accreditations / bodies
• Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ: 13360)
• Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng: 3533988)
• Member, Institute of Engineers Australia (MIE Aust 3533988)
• National Professional Engineers Register (NPER: 3533988)
• QUU Endorsed Consultant (minor works)
- Bay Breeze Village, Deception Bay – 75 small lots ranging from 150m2 to 350m2. The small sizes required innovative solutions to servicing.
- C-17, Battlefield Airlifter and Project Growler at RAAF Base Amberley. Some of the Department of Defence largest capital programs.
- Belmont Shooting Centre – Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast Venue for all sports shooting disciplines.