Congratulations to all projects recognised at the Master Builders Australia’s NSW Excellence in Construction awards. Announced in early November, the awards are the commercial building industry’s most prestigious awards, attracting entries from the state’s largest commercial, industrial and civil contractors.
WGE are very proud to be involved in a number of winning projects:
Building E7A refurbishment, Macquarie University by Buildcorp Interiors
- Winner – Tertiary Buildings category
Taronga Zoo Centenary Theatre by Kane Constructions
- Winner – Public Buildings category $5m-$10m
Cairnsfoot Special Needs School by Project Coordination
- Winner – Public Schools category
Bankstown Sports Club Basement Brewhouse and Peking Square by Paynter Dixon Constructions
- Winner – Club/Entertainment Refurbishment $10m-$20m
Abercrombie Business School by John Holland
- Winner – Tertiary Buildings over $70m
International Towers, Barangaroo by Lendlease
- Winner – Commercial Buildings over $150m
International Convention Centre, Sydney by Lendlease
- Winner – Outstanding Construction award, Best use of Glass, Best use of Concrete, Excellence in Energy Efficiency, Public Buildings over $35m
WGE Director Joseph Walsh said the awards reflect the high standard of construction projects across NSW.
“We are very proud to have been involved in a number of the winning projects from a highly-contested field,” he said.
“Congratulations to all the architects, builders and contractors that make these projects a reality.”