Wood & Grieve Engineers
1. Purpose of Collection
WGE collects personal information about you primarily to:
- provide you (or your employer as a corporate customer of WGE) with the goods, services and information that you request from us ;
- provide you with information about WGE’s products and services;
- manage our relationship with you; and
- suggest WGE products and services to you.
If it is reasonable to expect that we would use or disclose your personal information for purposes which are related to the above primary purposes, we may also use or disclose your personal information to:
- assist you with enquiries or complaints;
- develop and improve our client service and relationships;
- promote, advertise and market any of our products and services, including to invite you to seminars or events hosted by WGE;
- to comply with our legal obligations (including to comply with any law or any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority), resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our clients and enforce our agreements with third parties such as your employer; and
- inform you of developments at WGE and other services that we can provide.
Information collected through our websites (www.wge.com.au and www.cchangeap.com.au) (Websites) may be used by WGE for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Websites.
We may otherwise use your personal information to comply with any law, and to comply with any lawful request of a law enforcement agency or government authority.
Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing activities. We will respect your request to decide whether or not to receive these marketing communications.
2. Type of personal information collected and consequences if personal information is not collected
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
- job title;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you; and
- details of the products or services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries.
If you do not provide the necessary personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods, services or information that you have requested from us.
3. How we collect personal information
In the course of providing you with products and services, WGE collects personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly., including by using cookies on our Websites.
In some cases however, we may collect information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information about you from your employer or your colleagues in connection with the provision of services to our corporate clients.
WGE may collect personal information about you when you:
- or your employer engage WGE as a service provider;
- engage with our business and its employees in the course of receiving services from us;
- visit our Websites;
- make an enquiry about our products and/or services;
- provide us with feedback through our feedback program;
- become a client or debtor of the company;
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists;
- acquire goods or services through our Websites or otherwise; and
- supply goods or services to us.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know when we have collected your personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
4. Sharing of your personal information
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, marketing service providers; couriers and/or freight service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support (although it is our practice for them to work under supervision));
- our professional advisors and agents; or
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners.
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you or your employer.
Those companies will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to WGE or to you. WGE takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Personal information that we hold about you may be held on servers located in Australia or in the data centers of WGE’s outsourced database service providers with data centers in the USA. WGE takes reasonable steps to verify the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors.
When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act.
We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law.
The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.
We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Our contact details in respect of any issues in relation to privacy are:
08 6222 7000
Attn: Privacy Officer
Wood & Grieve Engineers
Ground Floor, 226 Adelaide Terrace
Perth, Western Australia 6000